What benefits could be achieved if your school could be more efficient and environmentally cost-conscious at the same time? How much better would it be if parent-teacher collaboration improved? What if all student records – healthcare records, paper files, photos – could be consistently tagged to reside in one place, easily retrievable? How important is it to you that sensitive information on printed copies remains only in authorized hands? How much physical space would you save if you weren’t storing paper files?
Software solutions that address these issues can be implemented in your school quickly, are user-friendly for easy adoption, and integrate into your existing school information management systems. Document management makes processes more efficient and information more secure. Grouped into three categories, these can be implemented individually, but will often overlap into one scalable solution that fits your needs best.
Print Output Management
Control, manage and monitor your entire print environment to a greater level. This enables you to reduce costs, increase security and improve ease of use. Features can include:
- Secure printing: follow-me printing and authentication before print release are two methods that ensure your files are only in the right hands, and comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and other compliance regulations
- Print user budgets: apply set amounts per user/group
- Color printing management: set your printers to default to B/W, duplex printing, or require approval for color prints
- Rules and routing: pre-determined thresholds can optimize your printer fleet use
- Embedded device support: have even more control over copies and scans with software embedded into your multifunction printers
- Reporting: make business improvements based on reports on usage, user, department, device or environmental impact
Store, manage and track your electronic files – including PDFs, scans of paper documents, and even electronic audio files, photos. By tagging these files consistently so all files for a student or vendor are housed in one place, they will be easily retrievable by the people in your office who need access to them. Once organized, digital workflows can be created that mimic physical workflows, so your administrative processes move faster and more efficiently, with far fewer errors. Benefits are:
- Accurate record keeping: data can be organized in any way that makes it easier for the end user to store and retrieve it
- Searchable fields: OCR documents can be searched or zoned for specific data
- Security: control who can see your data, how long they can view it, and determine what can be done with it
- Version control: the original document and all subsequent versions are saved.
- Audit logging: track document creation and have all edited or redacted versions archived along with records indicating the editor’s names and dates of access.
- Workflows: create workflows for various needs, and directly add data into the school back office systems, such as SIMS
- PDF functionality: PDFs can be highlighted, redacted and secured, and also converted to Word or Excel — and encrypted to restrict inappropriate access
- Embedded device support: when the software is installed on your printers, your end users have more flexibility on scanning documents into the right locations
Scanning software is the bridge on the network between an operating system or database and applications. These programs often integrate with data management systems and provide the ability for document conversion, zonal OCR, quick folder navigation, or scan to email management. This software offers:
- Network hot folder: scan to this location and have the designated profile rules automatically applied
- File saving options: scan directly to Word, Excel, etc.
- Custom form entry: create a fillable form on the printer for indexing purposes
- Embedded device support: installed on your printer directly, it allows users to browse selected folders on a server
As businesses move away from analog phone services to digital ones, older landline-based fax systems will no longer function. You can use cloud-based technology to send, receive, organize, manage and store faxes for your entire enterprise. Benefits include:
- Increased security: without the need to print every fax, confidentiality is protected, compliance is assured
- Direct routing: Routed directly to the recipient, faxes are more secure, and are received more quickly
- Advanced encryption: avoid regulatory compliance issues with high levels of encryption on the cloud servers
- Availability on networked devices: send and receive from laptops/desktops, mobile devices, multifunction printers, etc.
- Application compatibility: use from within any desktop application, email application, web browser
- Fax routing options: benefit from the flexibility to send them to your email, mobile devices, networked printers, server folders, and web browsers
- Flexible archiving: store all of your faxes, sent and received, into customizable files and folders, and integrate with your content repository
- Receive all faxes: with busy signals eliminated, you’ll never miss a sent fax
- Integrate your MFP into a digital network: stop paying for an analog line or converter box
Additional Comprehensive Assistance from INNOVEX
Need help deciding which systems benefit you most?
The data management offerings are complex and ever-advancing. Our data management specialists work with you to determine your needs, recommend the best options, and stay involved throughout the project implementation to be sure everything is set up and working well.
Looking to store your files in the cloud for easier access?
Take advantage of INNOVEX cloud integration into your data management system.
Need better multifunction printers to act as the hub for your system?
As one of the top 20 independent dealers of Sharp printers and copiers in the U.S., we also carry Canon and Xerox. Our complimentary print assessment can uncover ways for you to save more than you might think, on machines that can do more than ever before.
Want someone to take care of all of the IT needs associated with this project?
Our IT managed services offer 24/7/365 monitoring of your networks, and our IT engineers keep you up and running, and secure.