What efficiencies could be achieved if more of your business processes were automated? What if you could digitize hard copies and have the data entered directly into your case management systems? How important is it to you that sensitive client information on printed copies remains only in authorized hands? Or if there were automatic tracking of copies made, and reported for chargeback purposes?
How much better would it be if all of a client’s records – paper files, photos, courtroom dictation, video and audio recordings – resided in one place, easily retrievable? And how much physical space (and cost) would you save if you weren’t storing paper files?
Software solutions that address these issues can be implemented quickly, so you’ll have a fast return on investment. Document management makes businesses more efficient and information more secure. Integrated into your existing Active Directory, network administration is simplified. And this can be implemented quickly, with a fast return on investment.
Grouped into three categories, these can be provided individually, but will often overlap into one scalable solution that fits your needs best.
Print Output Management
Control, manage and monitor your entire print environment to a greater level. Reduce costs, increase security and improve ease of use. Features can include:
- Secure printing: only the user who submits the print can retrieve it, enforcing compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Print records: apply copy costs to client accounts
- Embedded device support: have even more control over copies and scans with software embedded into your multifunction printers
- Auditing and archiving tools: identify who printed what and when to ensure printing policies are followed, and saves a snapshot of what was printed (or faxed), helping you satisfy compliance
- Reporting: make business improvements based on reports on usage, user, department, device or environmental impact
Digital Files Management
Store, manage and track your electronic files — including .pdfs, scans of paper documents, and even electronic video files, audio files, photos. By tagging these files consistently so all files for a client are housed in one place, they will be easily retrievable by the people in your office who need access to them. Once organized, digital workflows can be created that mimic physical workflows, so your office processes move faster and more efficiently, with far fewer errors. Benefits are:
- Accurate record keeping: data can be organized in any way that makes it easier for the end user to store and retrieve it
- Security: control who can see your data, how long they can view it, and determine what can be done with it
- Version control: the original document and all subsequent versions are saved
- Audit logging: track document creation and have all edited or redacted versions archived along with records indicating editor’s names and access dates
- Workflows: create workflows for various needs, to reduce manual entry of data, automate new client onboarding, and to expedite your processes
- Searchable fields: OCR documents can be searched or zoned for specific data
- PDF functionality: PDFs can be highlighted, redacted and secured, and also converted to Word or Excel — and encrypted to restrict inappropriate access
- Embedded device support: when the software is installed on your printers, your end users have more flexibility on scanning documents into the right locations, and data directly populates into your back-office case management systems
Scanning software is the bridge on the network between an operating system or database and applications. These programs often integrate with data management systems and provide the ability for document conversion, zonal OCR, quick folder navigation, or scan to email management. This software offers:
- Network hot folder: scan to this location and have the designated profile rules automatically applied
- Custom form entry: create a fillable form on the printer for indexing purposes
- Embedded device support: installed on your printer directly, it allows users to browse selected folders on a server
- Rules-based routing: scanned data can route the document to the appropriate person, department or folder
- Protection of in-transit data: scanned information can be encrypted at the multifunction printer before it is sent through your network
As businesses move away from analog phone services to digital ones, older landline-based fax systems will no longer function. You can use cloud-based technology to send, receive, organize, manage and store faxes for your entire enterprise. Benefits include:
- Increased security: without the need to print every fax, confidentiality is protected, compliance is assured
- Direct routing: Routed directly to the recipient, faxes are more secure, and are received more quickly
- Advanced encryption: avoid regulatory compliance issues with high levels of encryption on the cloud servers
- Availability on networked devices: send and receive from laptops/desktops, mobile devices, multifunction printers, etc.
- Application compatibility: use from within any desktop application, email application, web browser
- Fax routing options: benefit from the flexibility to send them to your email, mobile devices, networked printers, server folders, and web browsers
- Flexible archiving: store all of your faxes, sent and received, into customizable files and folders, and integrate with your content repository
- Receive all faxes: with busy signals eliminated, you’ll never miss a sent fax
- Integrate your MFP into a digital network: stop paying for an analog line or converter box
Additional Comprehensive Assistance from INNOVEX
Need help deciding which systems would benefit you the most?
The document management offerings are complex and ever-advancing. Our document management specialists work with you to determine your needs, recommend the best options, and stay involved throughout the project implementation to be sure everything is set up and working well.
Looking to store your files in the cloud for easier access?
Take advantage of INNOVEX’s secure cloud integration into your document management system.
Need better multifunction printers to act as the hub for your system?
As one of the top 20 independent dealers of Sharp printers and copiers in the U.S., we also carry Canon and Xerox. Our complimentary print assessment can uncover ways for you to save more than you might think, on machines that can do more than ever before.
Want someone to take care of all of the IT needs associated with this project?
Well familiar with the specific needs of healthcare organizations, our IT managed services offers 24/7/365 monitoring of your networks, and our IT engineers keep you up and running, and secure.